Call for Workshops
The 18th International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing to be held in Dubai, UAE is inviting proposals for high-quality workshops. The main objective of the workshops is to provide a forum for researchers and professionals to discuss a specific topic from the field of ICSOC 2020 and its related areas. The workshops will be held from Nov. 9 to Nov. 12, 2020.
|Proposals submission Deadline:||May 10, 2020|
|Acceptance Notifications:||May 31, 2020|
Workshops Proposals Submission
Workshops proposals shall be submitted to Workshop Co-chairs and should include the following information:
- Workshop title
- Name, affiliation, postal, and e-mail addresses of each (proposed) workshop chair
- A brief (1-page) CV of each (proposed) workshop chair, highlighting prior experience in organizing similar fora
- A brief description of the topic of the workshop and its relevance to the conference (not exceeding 500 words)
- Proposed duration of the workshop (full-day or half-day)
- A list of likely program committee members
- An estimate of the number of submissions that will be attracted on the basis of workshops held in previous years or any other information
- Plans for Invited Talks, if any
- A commitment as to whether or not the workshop organizers would like the post proceedings to appear in Springer together with the other workshops
- Any further information deemed relevant, e.g. previous workshops held on similar themes
For the accepted workshops, the organizers will be responsible for the following:
- Constituting the workshop program committee
- Setting up a workshop website
- Advertising the workshop
- Managing submissions and reviews of the papers. The workshop organizers can use ICSOC conftool or one of the available conference management systems, such as EasyChair. The workshops organizers will send the details of the accepted papers to the conference organizers for publication. Note that Springer requires that the workshops maintain a reasonable acceptance rate.
- Ensuring that at least one author of each accepted paper attends to present the paper. This may require announcing regulations that stipulate this as a pre-requisite for the publication of the paper in the workshop proceedings.
- Ensuring that the workshop delivers useful scholarly/research value via active discussion/debate
- Workshops may be held for a full day or for half a day. This may depend on the co-chairs preferences and/or the number of the accepted papers.
- At least one author for each paper accepted to a workshop will need to register for the workshop program.
In addition, all the accepted workshops should assume the following schedule for the main deadlines:
- Workshop Papers Submission Deadline: August 14, 2020
- Authors Notification Deadline: September 14, 2020
- Early Registration Deadline: September 24, 2020
- Workshops: November 12, 2020
Workshop papers are typically between 8 and 12 Springer’s LNCS pages long. Every workshop should manage a minimum of 5 accepted papers. Workshops not managing the minimum number of accepted papers will be suggested to join together or cancel.
ICSOC 2020 provides workshop organizers with the opportunity to publish improved versions of accepted papers as part of its dedicated post-workshop proceedings to appear in Springer’s LNCS series. The conference solicits outstanding original research and practice papers on all aspects of service-oriented computing. Papers should clearly demonstrate the research or practical contribution, the relevance to the field, and the relationship to prior work. It is likely that, as in previous years, the post-proceedings of the accepted workshops will be jointly published as a Springer volume. A formal proposal to Springer will only be made after the accepted workshops and their program committees are finalized.
Working notes of the workshops (including papers to be eventually published in the joint workshop volume) can be made available during the workshops, as long as, they do not harm copyright constraints of the final joint ICSOC workshop proceedings.
Workshops Co- Chairs