Call for PhD Symposium papers
The ICSOC Ph.D. Symposium 2020 is an international forum for Ph.D. students working in all areas related to the service-oriented computing. It is intended to bring together Ph.D. students working on foundations, techniques, tools, and applications of service-oriented computing, and provide them an opportunity to present and discuss their research to an audience of peers and senior faculty in a supportive environment, as well as to participate in a number of plenary sessions with service-oriented computing academics.
The goals of this Ph.D. Symposium are:
- To provide an opportunity to meet experts from different backgrounds working on topics related to service-oriented computing field
- To bring together Ph.D. students and established researchers in the field of service-oriented computing
- To provide fruitful feedback and advice to the selected Ph.D. students on their research project, and to stimulate the exchange of ideas, suggestions, and experiences among participants
- To provide the opportunity to discuss concerns about research, supervision, job market, and other career-related issues
We particularly encourage Ph.D. students who are still developing their research methodology or are somewhere in the middle of their research program to submit their preliminary results to this symposium. Topics are restricted to their doctoral work within the scope of the ICSOC conference. To be eligible for the Ph.D. Symposium, the candidate must be a current doctoral student within a recognized university. Ideally, the candidate should have at least 12 months work remaining before expected completion, and at least 12 months of work already performed. However, all Ph.D. students are eligible regardless of their doctoral stage.
|Submission Deadline:||September 1, 2020|
|Authors Notification:||September 30, 2020|
|Camera ready submission:||October 5, 2020|
|Authors registration due:||October 12, 2020|
All deadlines are in Samoa Standard Time (SST = GMT – 11). Check the time in the SST Zone here: https://time.is/SST
Submitted papers should give a clear description of the Ph.D. work. Papers must:
- Provide a clear problem statement
- Outline the research challenges that drive the proposed work
- Describe the proposed solution, its expected impact, the expected research plan, and preliminary results
- Discuss the progress beyond the state of the art of the envisioned research outcome compared to current literature and approaches (cite key papers)
Each paper must be formatted according to the Springer’s LNCS Format and must be at most 6 pages in length (strictly enforced). Submissions must be single-authored, and the name of the supervisor(s) must be clearly marked as (“supervised by …”) under the Ph.D. author name. Papers must be submitted electronically, in PDF format, via the Ph.D. Symposium track in the ICSOC Submission System. Accepted papers presented at the Symposium will be included in the ICSOC 2020 post-conference proceedings of satellite events, to be published by Springer as part of the Service Science series. Each submission will be reviewed by three members of the Ph.D. Symposium Program Committee.
Submit your paper here.